Dermatology Front Office Specialist/ Medical Assistant
Our Front Office Specialist/ Medical Assistant is responsible for helping oversee daily front desk operations of multi-physician and multi-practice locations. While also supporting our back office team as well.
- Monday thru Friday, stating at 7:30a
- Schedule patients for new/returning/follow-up appointments and provide all necessary information to prepare them for medical appointments and procedures. Initiates confirmation calls to patients to ensure the lowest possible no-show rate.
- Check patients in and out
- Collects co-payments at time of service, enters daily charges into the billing system, and maintains fee schedules
- Verifies authorizations and accepts or transmits fax information for needed physician patient information
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals.
- Handle large call volumes as needed
- Enter patient health and insurance information
- Works to credential providers and offices, and light bookkeeping as needed
- Prepare patch test panels prior to patch test appointments, room patients, apply patch tests, and remove patch tests
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient exams and procedures, keeping room neat and clean at all times
- Assist with scanning paperwork and uploading pictures into the EMR
- Record new patients’ medical history, medications, allergies, and pertinent information in the EMR
- Respond to patient and non-patient inquiries as necessary under provider or nurse’s direction
- Assist in scheduling appointments and patient check out
- Assist with Daily, weekly, and monthly exam room cleaning, inventorying, and equipment checks
- Must be certified as a Medical Assistant by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an MA highly preferred
- Dermatology background preferred
- Billing experience preferred
-Proficiency and knowledge of EMRs, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word