Dermatology Front Office Specialist
Our Front Office Specialist is responsible for helping oversee daily front desk operations of our busy, family owned dermatology practice.
- Part time, 20-25 hours a week
- Monday thru Friday
- Schedule patients for new/returning/follow-up appointments and provide all necessary information to prepare them for medical appointments and procedures. Initiates confirmation calls to patients to ensure the lowest possible no-show rate.
- Check patients in and out
- Collects co-payments at time of service, enters daily charges into the billing system, and maintains fee schedules
- Verifies authorizations and accepts or transmits fax information for needed physician patient information
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals.
- Handle large call volumes as needed
- Enter patient health and insurance information, insurance verifications
- MUST have 1 year of experience working in a Medical Front Office
- Must be able to work as a leader in the front office
- MUST be a fast-learner with a warm positive attitude
- Billing experience preferred, dermatology experience preferred