Medical Assistant I
Our Clinic Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting the clinic staff in front and back office settings. They provide a safe, knowledgeable, and professional care to all patients under the direction of provider and/or nurse and within their scope of practice.
- Prepare patch test panels prior to patch test appointments, room patients, apply patch tests, and remove patch tests
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient exams and procedures, keeping room neat and clean at all times
- Assist with scanning paperwork and uploading pictures into the EMR
- Record new patients’ medical history, medications, allergies, and pertinent information in the EMR
- Respond to patient and non-patient inquiries as necessary under provider or nurse’s direction
- Assist in scheduling appointments and patient check out
- Assist with Daily, weekly, and monthly exam room cleaning, inventorying, and equipment checks
- Must be certified as a Medical Assistant by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an MA highly preferred
- Dermatology background preferred
-Proficiency and knowledge of EMRs, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
In support of our mission statement, "Healthier Practices, Healthier Patients", we have adopted a tobacco-free environment and we choose not to hire tobacco and nicotine users including the use of e-cigarettes.